View this release as a PDF here.
Wisconsin families, educators, school board members, district leaders, and community advocates will gather on Thursday, July 21 for the 8th Annual Wisconsin Public Education Network Summer Summit at Eau Claire North High School. The theme of this year’s Summer Summit is Public Schools Unite Us, and it features a full day of action-focused sessions for public education advocates.
Highlights of the day include:
- Welcome remarks from Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Jill Underly
- Address by Governor Tony Evers
- Special video message from Senator Tammy Baldwin
- A featured panel on Accountability in Action featuring Dr. Michael Apple, UW-Madison Emeritus, with panelists doing accountability work at the school, state and local levels!
- More featured speakers to be announced soon
- Official launch of the Public Schools Unite Us video series by Emmy Award-winning creators Micah Davis and Steve Betchkal of Soul Shine Creative Studio, highlighting the stories and successes of public school alumni in the area
- Over 30 breakout sessions & workshops with school leaders, educators, experts, organizers, public office holders, and experienced organizers on how to best support Wisconsin students, school funding, local level organizing, legislative challenges, and much more.
The Summer Summit is hosted by the Eau Claire Area School District, a longtime district partner of the nonpartisan Wisconsin Public Education Network. Tickets are just $25 (includes lunch by local caterers Chekell’s SoulFood and Everything Vegan!), and Eau Claire Area School District staff may attend for free using a ticket sponsored by ECASD. Other districts, companies or organizations may wish to sponsor staff or members’ attendance as well; reach out to Christian@WisconsinNetwork.org or HDB@WisconsinNetwork.org if interested. An optional dinner reception ($25) will immediately follow the Summer Summit at The Lismore hotel in downtown Eau Claire.
Three area hotels have blocked rooms at a conference rate for July 20 and 21, but must be booked by June 20 or 30, so register today! Additionally, for the first time ever, childcare will be available, thanks to the generosity of our partners at the Eau Claire Area Hmong Mutual Assistance Association (HMAA).
All Wisconsin public education champions & supporters are invited to join us for this positive, action-focused event, and we encourage you to make a weekend out of your time in Eau Claire. Learn more and register at WisconsinNetwork.org/Summit.