HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Let’s give Wisconsin’s kids the best treat: well-resourced public schools, empowered educators, and a budget that prioritizes kids and families. That starts with #VotePublic. Here’s a roundup of easy actions and resources from this week:
- Make sure everyone in your life has their voting plan in order. DO NOT MAIL ABSENTEE BALLOTS BACK as they may not be received or counted by the end of Election Day. Instead, return them in person, vote early, or vote on Tuesday (and if you’re helping someone return their absentee ballot, offer to sign as their witness!). Check MyVote.WI.gov to check on the status of your ballots!
- Stay informed and help everyone else get the facts they need. Report election disinformation to www.ReportDisInfo.org. Pass on the information at www.WisconsinNetwork.org/GetTheFacts to help everyone know how to vote, what issues affecting kids and their public schools are on the ballot, and read the results of our public education candidate questionnaires! These resources will also be sent out via text this afternoon for easy sharing.
- Keep talking. Does your school district have a referendum on the ballot? Where do the candidates on your ballot stand? Our nonpartisan resources can help you make sure all of your neighbors know how important it is to vote for the sake of your local public schools.
- Help put out a positive message! If you’re #PublicSchoolProud and ready to #ThankATeacher, submit your #VotePublic selfie video here. This will help educators and everyone else see the amazing community of public school supporters across Wisconsin in action.
- Follow the #GetOnTheBus map!
- We are SO INSPIRED by the plethora of local level actions folks across Wisconsin have taken to put kids and their public schools at the center of this election. From now until Election Day, most communities on the map will notice that the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin has compiled a list of “Rides to the Polls” opportunities to get folks to the ballot box, either early and/or in person, all over Wisconsin. This is a GREAT resource for anyone in your life who might be struggling to organize their voting plan due to transportation shortages!! Pass it on!
We go into this holiday weekend and election so filled with hope for the 860,000 Wisconsin children in our fantastic public schools. We see and deeply appreciate the invaluable work educators do every day to support these kids, and the statewide community of local level advocates for public schools continues to grow.