NEW! “Get on the Bus” Action Map + Action Grants!
It’s time to #GetOnTheBus and #VotePublic for Wisconsin’s kids and their public schools!
Please read on for important updates and action alerts.
- COVID-19 Related School News – at a glance! Click here for a regularly-updated chronicle of the news around the state related to COVID-19 school closings, budget & count concerns, and more. If you have stories to add to the list, please send them to hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org.
- Recording of our Sept. 17 workshop: Back to School with Michael Griffith of Learning Policy Institute, Daarel Burnette of Education Week, and Dee Pettack of DPI.
GET ON THE BUS! VOTE PUBLIC EVENT & ACTION MAP
Wisconsin Public Education Network is tracking the “bus tour” of education advocacy around the state to make it easy to stay informed, get involved & amplify the action! Follow the action HERE and click on your community to keep track of local actions, testimonies, and opportunities to get involved! This map will be updated regularly through the November election and is on our website at www.wisconsinnetwork.org/getonthebus.
Don’t see your #VotePublic efforts on the map? Want to get on it? Sign up here to let us know what’s happening in your community and we will make sure all supporters of strong public schools are aware and involved.
Not sure how to get started? Our regional organizers are ready to reach out and support you with planning, resources, or amplification. If you have questions or need support, feel free to reach out to your Wisconsin Public Education Network regional organizer:
- NW Wisconsin: Chris (Chris@WisconsinNetwork.org) and Ann (Ann@WisconsinNetwork.org)
- NE Wisconsin: Denise (Denise@WisconsinNetwork.org)
- SW Wisconsin: Jenni (Jenni@WisconsinNetwork.org)
- SE Wisconsin: Heather (hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org) and Amelia (Amelia@WisconsinNetwork.org)
- Digital Organizing Support: Christian (Christian@WisconsinNetwork.org)
LOCAL ACTION GRANTS NOW AVAILABLE!
We also have VOTE PUBLIC LOCAL ACTION MINI-GRANTS available to individuals and teams to support local-level nonpartisan education advocacy! Click here to learn more and apply for up to $2000 to support (or start!) a local team, educate voters on education issues and candidate positions, and make public education the focus of the election! Contact Heather at hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org with any questions.
T-SHIRTS & YARD SIGNS: FREE TO A GOOD HOME!
THANKS TO YOU for giving generously in our first round of fundraising, all of our new shirts and signs are paid for and we were able to order a 2nd round of yard signs! Now we need your help in getting them out into yards! Click here to claim your yard signs and contact Heather (hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org) or Jenni (jenni@WisconsinNetwork.org) if you want a shirt or can help get out some shirts — currently located in Sun Prairie and Milwaukee. Local pick-up only – and let us know if you’re willing to be a “local pick up” where you live!
UPCOMING MEETINGS & EVENTS
All of these events are FREE and open to all supporters of strong public schools!
- Oct. 5: Regular Meeting of Network Partners 4:00 pm via Zoom. Get the latest news and analysis from our team of advocates and experts – and connect with others around the state to maximize our #VotePublic impact. Register here: https://actionnetwork.org/events/wisconsin-public-education-network-regular-partners-meeting/
- Oct. 15: #VotePublic GOTV Strategies. How can we make public education a nonpartisan issue in a hyper partisan environment? We’ll help you strategize and focus on what matters most at the ballot box: student success! Register: https://forms.gle/pwJDTmoDhQV91py57
- Election Day: November 3
- Nov. 19: After the Election: Legislative Advocacy Basics. Voting is just one step in the #VotePublic campaign. The real work is building relationships and holding our elected officials accountable for voting public themselves once elected! Register: https://forms.gle/priCEktc3APawxam8
- Dec. 17: Local Level Action, Statewide Impact: Organizing to support our schools. Learn more about what you can do, where you live to be part of the statewide movement to support students & schools. Register: https://forms.gle/y3iskt3ydJ5NFZGe6
Missed one of our fall workshops? See the archive of video and resources here!
SUPPORT OUR WORK
Your donation to the Wisconsin Public Education Network makes local action with statewide impact possible. Support our work online by making a donation at https://wisconsin-alliance-for-excellent-schools.square.site/s/shop or here via PayPal. Contributions payable to WAES may be mailed to: PO Box 6592, Monona, WI 53716-0592. Contributions to WAES, a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit, are tax-deductible and support the work of the Wisconsin Public Education Network.
Please feel free to share this information widely and to edit/adapt/share as is useful to you and your community.
Join our mailing list! Email SUBSCRIBE to hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org and include your name, city, district/organization, and your role (parent, educator, board member, etc).
Together, we are making a difference for Wisconsin students!