Everything you need to know about how to make sure every vote counts for kids in upcoming elections!
- August 11, 2020: Partisan primary. Polls open 7am to 8pm
- November 3, 2020: General Election. Polls open 7am to 8pm
Essential Voter Resources:
- MyVote.wi.gov – official website for voter registration, requesting absentee ballots, find your voting history, address changes & more!
- Wisconsin Elections Commission: get dates, candidate forms and information, and legal updates on the official WEC website.
- Wisconsin Public Education Network Election Basics
- How to register to vote online/request absentee ballots
Did you know you need an acceptable form of photo ID in order to vote? Click here to learn more about what are acceptable forms of ID and for help getting an acceptable ID to vote.
Nonpartisan Election Advocacy Resources:
- League of Women Voters
- Sample state-level candidate survey questions & tips
- Vote Public Local Action Toolkit
- Click here for Vote Public talking points!
- Click here for Vote Public events and actions!
- REFERENDA resources:
- Vote Yes! Referenda Tips from a Winning Campaign (SocialSchool4edu)
- Successful Referenda Start with Communication (WASB)
- 8 tips for passing referenda (American Association of School Administrators)
- Non-partisan Ballot Measure Advocacy: Tips for 501(c)(3) groups and others doing non-partisan issue advocacy to support public schools.
Click here to Get the Facts! and be informed on the current state of Public School funding and policy.
Click here to get organized! Learn how to increase individual AND community capacity
Click here to Get on the Bus! and find out how to get involved in local level actions.